top of page
Glass Buildings


Our immigration department represents international clients and businesses applying for visas, work permits and green cards.  Our attorneys provide expert legal counsel for most aspects of immigration law, including family sponsored immigration, employment sponsored immigration, investment immigration, employer compliance, temporary visas for work, permanent residence, naturalization, consular visa processing, waivers, and appeals. 

Green Card through Family, Employment or other categories

A U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident or U.S. employer can sponsor a qualifying family member or employee for a green card.  A Green Card holder is a person who has been granted authorization to live and work in the United States on a permanent basis.  After a certain length of time, permanent residents who have shown good moral character and can speak, read and write English and pass an exam on U.S. history and government can apply for citizenship through naturalization. To apply for a Green Card, you must be eligible under one of the categories listed below; our office can assist you in every step of the way during your process.

1) Green Card through Family, you may be eligible to apply as a…


Immediate relative of a U.S. citizen

Other relative of a U.S. citizen or relative of a lawful permanent resident under the family-based preference categories

Fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen or the fiancé(e)’s child

Widow(er) of a U.S. citizen

VAWA self-petitioner– victim of battery or extreme cruelty

2) Green Card through Employment, you may be eligible to apply in the following categories…


First Preference EB-1: This preference is reserved for persons of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics; outstanding professors or researchers; and multinational executives and managers.


Second Preference EB-2: This preference is reserved for persons who are members of the professions holding advanced degrees or for persons with exceptional ability in the arts, sciences, or business.


Third Preference EB-3: This preference is reserved for professionals, skilled workers, and other workers. (See Third Preference EB-3 page for further definition of these job classifications.)


Fourth Preference EB-4: This preference is reserved for “special immigrants,” which includes certain religious workers, employees of U.S. foreign service posts, retired employees of international organizations, noncitizen minors who are wards of courts in the United States, and other classes of noncitizens.


Fifth Preference EB-5: This preference is reserved for business investors who invest $1.8 million or $900,000 (if the investment is made in a targeted employment area) in a new commercial enterprise that employs at least 10 full-time U.S. workers.

Labor Certification

Some immigrant visa preferences require you to already have a job offer from a U.S. employer. This employer will be considered your sponsor. For some visa categories, before the U.S. employer can submit an immigration petition to USCIS, the employer must obtain an approved labor certification from the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). The DOL labor certification verifies the following:

-There are insufficient available, qualified, and willing U.S. workers to fill the position being offered at the prevailing wage

-Hiring a foreign worker will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers

Contact our office to schedule a consultation with our attorney for more details and to discuss your options.

3) Other Categories, you may be eligible to apply as a…

Special Immigrant Juvenile



Human trafficking victim

Crime victim

Cuban Adjustment Act

Temporary Work Visas in the USA

In order for you to come to the United States lawfully as a nonimmigrant to work temporarily in the United States your prospective employer must generally file a nonimmigrant petition on your behalf with USCIS. Only a few nonimmigrant classifications allow you to obtain permission work in this country without an employer having first filed a petition on your behalf. For more information, please contact our office to schedule a consultation.


  • E-1 & E-2 Investors by treaties.

  • H-1B Visa Workers in a specialized profession

  • I Visa Representatives of foreign press, radio, film or other foreign media.

  • L-1A Visa Persons transferred within the same company in managerial or executive positions

  • L-1B Visa Persons transferred within the same company in positions requiring expertise

  • O-1 Visa People with extraordinary skills in science, arts, education, business, sports, film production or television.

  • O-2 Visa Persons accompanying a non-immigrant O-1 for the sole purpose of assisting you.

  • R-1 Visa Religious Workers

  • TN Visa Temporary Professionals of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) of Mexico and Canada

DACA: Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals

DACA, is a policy that protects about 800,000 young people, known as "DREAMers", who entered the United States illegally as children. The program does not grant official legal status or a pathway to citizenship, but it does allow them to apply for a driver's license, social security number and work permit.

TPS: Application for Temporary Protected Status

Temporary Protection Status (TPS) is a temporary immigration status provided to nationals of certain countries experiencing problems in their home country. TPS has been a solution for hundreds of thousands of people already in the United States.

Application for Naturalization

U.S. citizenship entails enormous privileges, rights, and benefits. That's why people will sacrifice so much to emigrate to America. Naturalization refers to the process in which a person who is not born in the United States voluntarily becomes a U.S. citizen.


To apply for naturalization to become a U.S. citizen, you must:


Be at least 18 years of age at the time you file the application.

Have been a lawful permanent resident for the past three or five years (depending on which naturalization category you are applying under).

Have continuous residence and physical presence in the United States.

Be able to read, write, and speak basic English.

Demonstrate good moral character.

Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of U.S. history and government.

Demonstrate a loyalty to the principles of the U.S. Constitution; and

Be willing to take the Oath of Allegiance.

bottom of page